ABOUT THE PRODUCT
The PS-Series flush doors are designed to meet the architectural most demanding requirements for standard duty to maximum
duty full flush doors. Polystyrene slab core is known for its insulating properties and is mainly used for exterior applications,
where a higher temperature differential from one side of the door to the other side is required.
As described by HMMA / NAAMM – USA (National Association of Architectural Metal Manufacturers-United States of America):
“Polystyrene core doors are the most commonly specified insulated core and are suitable for exterior applications
requiring an R-factor (a measure of insulating performance-Thermal resistance and measure of ability to retard heat
flow) of up to 6.50``
- Pre-foamed polystyrene slab, thermal insulation core.
- Standard board thickness 43 mm of nominal density 18 Kg/m3. (DIN 53420).
- Thermal Conductance (43 mm): U = 0.152 Btu/hr.ft2.ºF. (ASTM C177).
- Thermal Resistance: R-Factor = 6.6 hr.ft2.ºF/Btu (ASTM C518-63T).
- Fire Retardant (DIN 4102 Class B1). Ignitability designation “P” according to BS 476, part 5.
- Core is chemically bonded to face sheets providing total surface support.
- Seamless design.
- Higher density polystyrene slab.
- Beveled or flush welded glass beads.
- Alkyd, polyurethane or epoxy RAL paint finish (factory applied).
- Non-handed reversible design.
- Vision panels, louver kits, transoms and sidelights.
SPECIFICATIONS OF COMPLIANCE
- Construction of the PS doors meets the requirements of ANSI A250.8-2003 (SDI 100) and ANSI 151.1.
- Fire Rating: Up to 3 hrs for single leaf and double leaf swing doors, listed and labeled by Intertek-Warnock Hersey according to UL 10C, UL 10B, UBC 7-2-1994/1997, NFPA 252-1995, ASTM E152-81a, CAN4-1980, BS 476 Part 20 and ISO 3008.
- Level “A” grade in accordance with ANSI A 250.4 test procedures.